Sunday, June 10, 2007

Today is a great day!

Well, I did my FL-I B workout today and I am extremely pleased with some things I noticed. Of course, this could also be due to a good sleep, or eating or even placebo but I don't care, I see it as legit improvement and that is what I am sticking with :D.

First off, I had tonnes of energy which is great because the last couple days I have been really lethargic from the diet so to me that means that my body is adjusting and learning that it has to get my energy from fat rather then carbs (what can I say, my body is as stubborn as I am). Also I noticed some real positive changes in the gym. I haven't really upped the weights much at all but today I was able to stick to rest times much more accurately (currently at 3x12 @ 60s rest), previously I have been so winded that I had to take longer between supersets to get ready for the next. Also, when I was getting winded and my heart was racing I noticed that I got it back down and under control much faster then I used to, so my cardiovascular system must be improving. As I already said my weights aren't going up but I am able to hit all exercises for full reps now and I have been really focusing on my form which has improved by a lot. I think the thing I am most proud of however is that for the first time ever I have been able to do static lunges for full reps. Which is 3x12 reps for each leg at 250lbs. bodyweight. This is huge for me and is proof that all the posterior chain exercises (the lunges, squats, deadlifts etc) are paying off. Not only did I hit all the reps but they felt great, good form, and my quad on the supporting leg wasn't even remotely fatigued like previously. Before today my supporting quad would always be so sore that I would have to take a 30s break between legs or else when I switched legs I could barely do any. Speaking of fatiguing, my grip strength and forearms have improved leaps and bounds also. When I first started FL I my forearms were killing me after the first superset of workout B (Deadlifts and DB Incline Bench Press) and now my grip didn't even start to fail until the RDLs at the end and even then it was partially due to the callouses and not wanting them to tear.

These little improvements have my motivation levels through the roof. I can't wait for my next workout, which happens to be my BB complex tomorrow that I plan to do 2x. Once in the morning then once at night; I have workouts to make up for due to the foot problems last week. This also has me really excited for my weigh-in/measurements tomorrow. I feel great and I know that there will have been a change in some form or another.

So, have a good night everyone and I will post again tomorrow night with my weigh-in results!

No comments: